Aerobic activity is critical for your health. To keep your heart, lungs, brain and everything else in your body working efficiently, you have to perform some aerobic exercise at least 30 minutes 5 times per week.
That doesn’t mean, you have to go to gym all the time to do that.
Our ancestors certainly weren’t going to the gym or taking Spin classes. And most of them were fit and healthy.
They derived their physical fitness from sheer labor. You can do that too.
Do your aerobic exercise few times per week just working physically hard if you don’t have a time to get to the gym.
If your work requires some physical labor, you are really lucky and you probably are already reasonably fit.
Here are my favorite unconventional aerobic activities:
- Digging the hole on the beach or in the garden and burring it back for 20 minutes
- Washing windows or floors for 45 – 60 minutes
- Gardening for 45 minutes
- Dancing fast for 30 minutes
- Moving boxes and furniture for 30 minutes
- Shoveling snow for 20 minutes
- Racking leaves for 30 – 45 minutes
- Caring groceries or anything heavy home for 30 minutes
- Washing and waxing car for 45 minutes
- Piking wood for 25 minutes
If you haven’t done some of these aerobic labor activities before and want to add them to your fitness program, great! But remember to start slowly, don’t overdo it, keep things lighter and do it shorter in the beginning. Than increase the load and duration.